The Butler County Chapter of The Ohio Genealogical Society was formed in 1977 and then it became a chapter of the OGS in 1978. At the 2008 OGS Luncheon President Jean Nathan and Vice President Pam White accepted a certificate from the OGS commemorating the Society’s 30th anniversary as a chapter.
The mission of our Society is:
- To create a website as a means of sharing information about our County and its rich genealogical history.
- To support the objectives of the Ohio Genealogical Society.
- To create and build an interest in preserving and collecting historical records of this and related areas.
- To encourage active membership in this chapter and in The Ohio Genealogical Society.
- To take an active part in collecting records and making them available for use in research.
- To educate individuals in research methods.
- To aid individuals in their research.
- To publish, if advisable, genealogical materials compiled by the Chapter members, and to copyright this material when necessary.
- To support family research at the Butler County Records Center and Archives in Hamilton, Ohio.
Contact us if you have any questions.
President: Pam White
Vice-President: Debbie Newman
Corresponding Secretary: Winnie Nardiello
Treasurer: Jean Nathan
Recording Secretary: Vacant
CURRENT COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN
Membership Chairman: Nancy Porter
Public Relations Chairman: James Dowler
Educational Programs Chairman: James Dowler
First Families Chairman: Vacant